MY STORY WITH STUTTERING

Hello everyone! This is the very first blogpost that I write in English! 😊

I finally decided to share my story in English. 

Why I decided to share my story? 

I come across an Estonia girl`s Youtube channel, where she mentioned that her friend stutters and she takes it as a disease. Because of that one of the reasons that motivated me to write about this topic was his understanding of stuttering. 





So, why do I stutter? 

I was born prematurely at 23 weeks and weighed only 482 grams. Because I was born prematurely I stutter. And also article was also written about me: my story (unfortunately this article is in Estonian) 

What is stuttering? 

First of all, stuttering is a speech disorder, not a disease. The person who is stuttering they can`t control it. There are usually three types of speech impediments: 

As repetitions of sounds, syllables or monosyllabic words ( re- re- re - repetiton) or as a stretch (streeetch) - I also stutter that way sometimes. 
Or as complete block of air flow or speech- I also stutter that way sometimes. 
Funny fact: often when I speak in English  my stuttering is almost non-existent. 

What do I do to hide my stuttering? 

Quite often I avoid certain situations, people or words. I replace a word with another word so that I don`t face a block. 

When I talk to animals or children, sing or speak slowly at my own pace, I don`t stutter. Each person stutters differently. Although stuttering has been extensively studied, no answer has yet been found. 

Many people who stutter find it very difficult to talk on the phone, myself included. 
Stuttering worsens in stressful situations. When I feel free with people, I don`t stutter or it has reduced. 

How could people behave when someone they know stutters? 
To people who is unfamiliar with stuttering may seem it strange. Often people who do not want to communicate with people who stutter are kept away. There have been people who have started laughing at person who stutters. Laugh at it, it`s wrong. 

A peculiarity of a person, in my case stuttering is not a reason to push a person away because of they stuttering. 

I`m a person like everyone else. Just like You who are reading this blog. 






Comments

  1. So wonderful you are sharing your story...stuttering might be difficult but it sure brings out a sense of independence, intuitivenss and bravery that many people do not have...stay strong!πŸ™‚πŸ’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much for Your lovely comment! It means a lot for me!

      Delete
  2. I'm not anonymous...it's Minka's mom❤😏❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got the ball's much BIGGER then half my male friends , Respect Babe ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most popular posts